AuthorMessage
Ender's bitch
Impounded

ZD points : 0
Warnings :
5 / 55 / 5

Male Birthdate : 1992-03-26

PostSubject: Gladiator Beast / Brotherhood of the Fire Fist   2013-04-29, 13:52

This is about the Archetype "Brotherhood of the Fire Fist", and a version that has proved to work rather well in the TCG. It's only TCG, since OCG already allows people to use the newer varient with the Synchro's, Spirit, and Chicken.

The basic thing here is simple. As you know, a good deal of Gladiator Beast Monsters are Beast-Warrior Type. Then only ones you'll use are Laquari and Darius. Mainly 2 of each. Those you can search with Fire Formation - Tenki, and can be Summoned extra when having Fire Formation - Tensu out on the field. But they are not all. You can also run, with a double Rescue Rabbit, 3 Gladiator Beast Andal. They are just as god Beast-Warrior, but despite they have no effect, Rescue Rabbit can summon 2 of them on the field, and they can then be overlayed for Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Tiger King. He can then put down Tenki or Tensu, and you can search another monster, or summon another time.

Also fun fact. Rescue Rabbit on 2 is not useless for just 3 Andal, since both Andal can just as well return to deck in order to Fusion Summon Gladiator Beast Essedarii. Which gives you a monster, and makes the other Rescue Rabbit live. Also, it's good to run a Test Tiger Just to speed up the Gladiator Engine.

All in all, it's safe to say, that the deck works well, if it's used properly, and can do considerable damage. With Bear and Gorilla the opponents field is never safe, and while at it, you reinforce yourself with the Gladiators, and the occasional Gyzarus.

Here is my build so far It still requires tweaking, but it's performed very well.

I hope this was helpful for anyone who likes both archtypes, and tried to merge them. If any questions arise, or any tips on improving this, then share them, please. It'll only improve everyone.

Immortal Witch

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mrbiff
Mad Deckbuilder
Mad Deckbuilder

ZD points : 1337
Warnings :
0 / 50 / 5

Time Zone : UTC-6:00
Male Join Date : 2012-09-28
Humor : Humor? What is that? Some kind of disease? Is it contagious?
Jobs/Hobbies : Science

PostSubject: Re: Gladiator Beast / Brotherhood of the Fire Fist   2013-04-30, 05:13

Mad Deckbuilder General Overview/Critique/Whatever you want to call it:
From what I'm seeing this build is really aggressive, no Waboku means you're going to get all of your tags from attacking or making your monsters bigger when your opponent attacks. The Rabbit plays give you instant access to a 2500 beater, and can lead to combos with Test Tiger, which I would run more of if I built the deck to add to the ability to manipulate the deck and make it so you don't have to rely on fire fists as much. Spell wise this is fairly standard (for me at least I haven't looked at the meta in a while). The traps look good too. I'm liking how you run the mirror force alongside D-prison since they both have their ups and downs, though mirror force is a bit more potent this format. The same goes for the Botomless and Warning, though you'd almost have to do that anyway. Horn of the Phantom beast seems a bit redundant since you run the Fire Formation that boosts your guys by 1000 but that extra draw can mean a lot, so I'd be interested to see how it works.
Overall it looks like it would be a good build, though my first impressions are often wrong. If you guys need an example: Fire King Archfiends, Draco knows what I'm talking about. More importantly it looks fun to play, the different combos mesh well and it should be able to deal with just about anything, except cards in the graveyard but that's what the side is for, or abyss dweller.
Now that you mentioned the Synchros I'm going to have to build a Gladbeast Fire Fist Synchro Deck. I'll post it here when I get to it, its like 10th on my to do list.

Dueling against me is like getting stomped in the balls repeatedly by a man in a bear suit. The bear is wearing a hat and a bowtie. It's random and slightly painful. I speak from experience.
It looks like this:

P.S. the man on the ground is me
P.P.S. The man in the bear suit is also me
P.P.P.S. The opponent is probably the building or the tree or a very scared onlooker.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ender's bitch
Impounded

Warnings :
5 / 55 / 5

PostSubject: Re: Gladiator Beast / Brotherhood of the Fire Fist   2013-04-30, 18:44

I suggest to leave that aside. Gladiators and Synchro Fire First do not work. If you are going for the Fire Fist Synchro Build, use Blaster. It is very easy to make full field from nothing like that. But as long as some are still OCG, that is not an option while playing TCG.

Immortal Witch

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mrbiff
Mad Deckbuilder
Mad Deckbuilder

Warnings :
0 / 50 / 5

PostSubject: Re: Gladiator Beast / Brotherhood of the Fire Fist   2013-05-01, 05:20

"Gladiators and Synchro Fire First do not work."
CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!

Dueling against me is like getting stomped in the balls repeatedly by a man in a bear suit. The bear is wearing a hat and a bowtie. It's random and slightly painful. I speak from experience.
It looks like this:

P.P.P.S. The opponent is probably the building or the tree or a very scared onlooker.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
draco9696
Emperor
Emperor

ZD points : 850
Warnings :
0 / 50 / 5

Time Zone : UTC-5 Ottawa, Time zone
Male Birthdate : 1998-02-10
Humor : witty but funny jokes,
Jobs/Hobbies : yugioh, manga, drawing

PostSubject: Re: Gladiator Beast / Brotherhood of the Fire Fist   2013-05-01, 09:50

lol, well seems nice, and no Lloyd, I haven't completely given up on ArchKings yet.

well this does seem interesting as a build though I do tend to prefer more of a "pure" glads variant.

get your game on!!!!!

You made them cry... nothing can save you now. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'

------------------∞------------∞-------------
---------------∞----∞-----∞-----∞----------
------------∞---------∞--∞---------∞-------
---------∞--------------∞--------------∞----
------------∞---------∞--∞----------∞------
---------------∞---∞--------∞-----∞--------
------------------∞--------------∞-----------

I am infinite, for should you destroy me, I would come back stronger.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ender's bitch
Impounded

Warnings :
5 / 55 / 5

PostSubject: Re: Gladiator Beast / Brotherhood of the Fire Fist   2013-05-01, 15:52

Well, Lloyd, I'll await the results of your testing then. As soon as they are finished, do be so kind to share them here. And in the case I might be wrong, and they do work, well, I'll give you free deck. Not that you would need it, but, just something I actually can give you.

Immortal Witch

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mrbiff
Mad Deckbuilder
Mad Deckbuilder

Warnings :
0 / 50 / 5

PostSubject: Re: Gladiator Beast / Brotherhood of the Fire Fist   2013-05-03, 05:24

Update on the GBFF Synchro Build:
Problems: Tried using a rabbit engine but 5 cards is a lot of space so I turned it into AHL engine. I wanted more card slots so I took out the AHL engine.
Realized that Deer can only summon level 4 fire fists, so I can't grab chicken to chain-grab spirit. Bummer, instead I now grab rhino to send chicken to the grave. 3 Chickens was becoming inconsistent (and I figured out that it was a once per turn effect for the summon effect), I want more spell/trap grabs so I swapped a chicken for a leopard(?) so I can grab that with horse instead.
Progress: So far the deck wins about as much as it loses, which is nuts because of how many time's I've went up against E-dragons (I think like half the games are E-dragons). Every time I go up against something to tier 1 it turns into a topdeck game, I guess that's good?
Random notes: This deck plays a lot like my Magic the Gathering deck, I either get Green cards or Red ones, meaning that I either get FF or Gbs. This is somewhat by design though, because I want something only one or the other can offer me. GBs have the bigger beaters and the banishes and FFs have the field control. I wish spells had a Pot of Avarice.

Potential additions: Pot of avarice. This deck needs some recycle power. CoTH, just one to help make plays. Gladiator Chariot, probably side a copy or two to stop those annoying effects. GB Equeste? Might be a better choice than avarice in the long run, mostly a last resort for when both darius are in the grave. Or to add to hand for Heraklinos. Third MST or Heavy Storm, I want more spell control and gorilla + bestiari isn't helping, I'll probably side them.

Final Conclusion: The bet was to make them work, so far I've succeded. However I like the premise so much that I'm going to try and make them competitive. I'm not going to post the decklist until I'm done. Unless you want them in these updates which I can do.

It looks like this:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ender's bitch
Impounded

Warnings :
5 / 55 / 5

PostSubject: Re: Gladiator Beast / Brotherhood of the Fire Fist   2013-05-04, 03:17

I'll see how they do if we could do a match of your build against something of mine. Just to see how you use your way through the deck, and all.

Immortal Witch

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mrbiff
Mad Deckbuilder
Mad Deckbuilder

Warnings :
0 / 50 / 5

PostSubject: Re: Gladiator Beast / Brotherhood of the Fire Fist   2013-05-05, 01:49

If we do a match I might have to make a side deck too...

It looks like this:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
draco9696
Emperor
Emperor

Warnings :
0 / 50 / 5

PostSubject: Re: Gladiator Beast / Brotherhood of the Fire Fist   2013-07-14, 09:39

Again, I'm rather interested by what happened to this experiment. Smile

get your game on!!!!!

You made them cry... nothing can save you now. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mrbiff
Mad Deckbuilder
Mad Deckbuilder

Warnings :
0 / 50 / 5

PostSubject: Re: Gladiator Beast / Brotherhood of the Fire Fist   2013-07-28, 23:00

All righty since you asked for it...
Deck:

http://i.imgur.com/nJVOe6n.png

This is the Fire Fist Synchro Glads build I figured out. The FFs are the main offensive engine here, while Glads are a toolbox to take out most other strategies. The FFs are using the synchro engine with a little boost from Buffalo and Leopard. Buffalo makes it easier to get the Level 8's and the Rank 4's when you don't have Tensu. Leopard is an extra target for horse when all the Roosters are accounted for and can take care of your 'loose-end' monsters as I like to call the low power remnants of a big play. It also pulls a spell or trap, which is very useful. Boar helps a lot against slower decks, usually he's going to pull Buffalo, unless you need Bear or Gorilla for something. The Rooster and Spirit combination makes everything easier, pull a monster, pull a fire formation. 'Nuff said.

The Glads are very downsized, but still effective. Darius and Tensu can make most of the Fusion plays you would need. Tiger helps grab specific glads if you need their abilities. It can also help with the Rank 3's and Syncs.

The Spell trap line-up may look a bit weird, well not the formations. I don't run a heavy storm, since it doesn't help me much, I normally have backrow or some kind of boost card I don't want to get rid of. Lance helps control my opponent's backrow and get some of the bigger beaters off my back. 2 MST cause I don't have room for 3. One mirror force because I always have monsters I want to protect, waboku might be better. That random CoTH because it makes my plays easier to pull off.

The extra is fairly self-explanatory. The glads have their fusions. I have all of the fire synchros worth having since that's all I can actually synchro for. Boar's condition and Spirit's make it so my choices are limited. Effective, but limited. The xyz monsters are mostly there to cover anything my Glads and FF couldn't normally. Except the rank 3 FF xyz. That's just their to make plays easier.

The deck is impressive considering how much is going on. Every time I face Prophecy and E-drags I turn it into a top deck match. Which is pretty impressive considering the deck isn't built to beat those. I usually lose the those duels but that's more luck than anything. They get a better card faster. I can pretty much handle every other match-up though.

For Science,

Lloyd Asplund, Resident MD (Mad Deckbuilder)

It looks like this:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
draco9696
Emperor
Emperor

Warnings :
0 / 50 / 5

PostSubject: Re: Gladiator Beast / Brotherhood of the Fire Fist   2013-07-29, 04:22

Woooooooot, now to go test this variant of my soul deck.

get your game on!!!!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mrbiff
Mad Deckbuilder
Mad Deckbuilder

Warnings :
0 / 50 / 5

PostSubject: Re: Gladiator Beast / Brotherhood of the Fire Fist   2013-07-29, 21:52

It's a difficult deck to use, but it has enough options to be good.
To be honest it's the most complex deck I've ever built...
For now.

It looks like this:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gladiator Beast / Brotherhood of the Fire Fist   

Back to top Go down

Gladiator Beast / Brotherhood of the Fire Fist
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1