Mrbiff
Mad Deckbuilder
Mad Deckbuilder

ZD points : 1337
Warnings :
0 / 50 / 5

Time Zone : UTC-6:00
Male Join Date : 2012-09-28
Humor : Humor? What is that? Some kind of disease? Is it contagious?
Jobs/Hobbies : Science

PostSubject: Heralds of the Coming of the Xyz   2012-12-12, 05:33

First showing themselves in Abyss Rising they didn't look like much. A dragon that can add a Heraldic from the grave to the hand by removing itself from the grave, but only if 2 of them are in grave. Then a winged-beast that can turn level 5's into level 4's. Really nothing special.

Then came Cosmo Blazar. They got what is essentially a water downed catastor, a monster that searches a heraldic monster whenever uts sent to grave. Even one that can regenterate xyz materials. Plus you have a ton of good support cards. Let's get into them.

Monseters:

The monsters you have can all be searched by Leo, which is going to be the life of your deck. If you get to xyz with a Leo when it's detached search a Heraldic, whenever and however it's sent you get a plus 1. It's also able to get over Thunder King.

Then there's Abercromway. When you have 2 in the grave you can add a Heraldic to your hand from grave. Always a good thing.

These two cards are the big monsters that every Heraldic deck NEEDS to have. The others are more of a preference. The Heraldics anyway. When I build adeck I look at the similarities beetween all of the monsters in the deck first, after deciding what kind of deck it's going to be. How I could seach them or what support I can use outside of the archetype. So I saw that most of the monsters were Beast-type, I could use Egotistical Ape to send a Leo to the grave and synchro for 5 or 9 when I want to. That in conjunction with Chain Dog makes things easier for synchros or xyz plays.

Spells: Heraldic Decks are all about summoning from the grave AND having a grave. So you have to have spells that support your strategy. Thankfully Heraldics have their own monster reborn card and a card that lets ou Xyz from the grave. Heraldic Reborn and Advanced Heraldic Art. With these you can turn a no monster field into a field where you are in complete control in a single turn. As long as your rank 4's can handle themselves. They usually can.

Traps: Having a good backrow is always nice for really offense oriented decks that can't OTK. The thing is you have to decide what kind of backrow you want. For Heraldics I would reccomend using Torrential tribute since you like having your monsters in the grave. There's also the Heraldry Change which lets you battle fader using any Heraldic monster. The biggest probllem with change is you can't chain it to MST, but most gfoood traps can't either.

If you want me to show you a decklist post here asking for it. I'd rather you guys figure out one for yourselves but I'm perfectly willing to post one,

For Science,

Lloyd Asplund

Dueling against me is like getting stomped in the balls repeatedly by a man in a bear suit. The bear is wearing a hat and a bowtie. It's random and slightly painful. I speak from experience.
It looks like this:

P.S. the man on the ground is me
P.P.S. The man in the bear suit is also me
P.P.P.S. The opponent is probably the building or the tree or a very scared onlooker.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Heralds of the Coming of the Xyz
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1